TOP 7 Natural Herbs For Diabetes
List Of Herbs That Helps Manage Diabetes
All my life I have met so many people suffering from diabetes. As you well know, prescription drugs (hypoglycemic) simply mask symptoms.
They actually worsen the problem as they weaken your immune system, and what is meant to help you out only make matters worse! So I have researched the way to manage diabetes in a natural way.
Top 7 Natural Herbs For DIABETES
Cinnamon contains bioactive components that can help lower blood sugar levels.
A 2013 study published in the Annals of Family Medicine and Diabetes Care shows that cinnamon is beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.
Based on this study, it may have a beneficial effect on fasting plasma glucose, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- You can take 1 to 2 grams of cinnamon daily in the form of tea. You can also sprinkle it on your oatmeal, smoothies or use it in cooking and baking.
- Another option is to take cinnamon supplements. However, always consult a doctor for the proper dosage suitable for your condition.
Note: If you take a blood-thinning medication, avoid taking cinnamon
Fenugreek is an herb that diabetic people should include in their diets. Due to its hypoglycemic activity, it can improve glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels. In addition, its fiber content slows down the absorption of carbohydrates and sugars.
In a 2009 study published in the International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research, researchers concluded there is a positive effect of fenugreek seeds on blood glucose and lipid profiles in Type 2 diabetic patients.
- Soak 1 to 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The next morning, drink the water and eat the seeds on an empty stomach. Follow this remedy daily.
- You can also eat baked goods made with fenugreek flour.
- Another option is to take a fenugreek supplement after consulting a doctor